I'm a massive fan of resolutions; I'm on a constant (and often unsuccessful) crusade for self-improvement as it is, so any excuse and I'm there.
This year, I resolve to:
1. Grow my hair
Possibly the laziest resolution ever, as it involves doing precisely nothing - but this will be a challenge for me, I promise. I get very restless.
2. Keep my room tidier
If you knew me, you'd know why.
3. Save money
...Hopefully for a Summer holiday, or some future travelling. The hardest thing about saving money for me, is, of course, curbing my shopping habits. I find that I can limit myself but not give up shopping entirely! Which means the sales are my best friend, as I love a good bargain.
For some genuinely fantastic tips on sale shopping, check out my flatmate's website, Cocktails to Couture.
I've already made a start on this resolution; I've paid off my overdraft & limited my sale-shopping - and all on the first day of the year, and with my student loan still to come!
So far, I've bought a couple of items from my Christmas wishlist:
1. Lomography Diana 'Dreamer' Camera, £50
2. Colour film x3, £15
3. BDG Preppy Cardigan, £15 (reduced from £32)
(a replacement for my knackered old grey cardigan; I have this cardigan in 'raspberry' already & wear it all the time so I consider this a very wise purchase!)
(All items and images from urbanoutfitters.co.uk)
I have a wishlist of items on ASOS that I'm going to hopefully gradually stock up on, but only when I'm absolutely sure I can afford a treat. At the moment, I'm enjoying just watching their prices slowly fall. Many of them have been featured on the blog already (here and here), but there they are:
1. ASOS Contrast Hem Ponte Shift Dress, £38
2. ASOS PERFECT Platform Court Shoes, £45
3. ASOS Embellished Collar Shift Dress, £18 (down from £46)
4. ASOS Double Wrap Super Skinny Waist Belt, £12
5. ASOS Boudoir Leather Look Multiway Bra, £8 (down from £16)
6. ASOS Perspex Handle Frame Bag, £22 (down from £40)
7. ASOS PETITE Velvet One Shoulder Playsuit, £38
(All items and images from asos.com)
What are your resolutions, readers?
Ciao for now,